Our client is a well established, construction services company. Revenues have increased by 30% this year and are targeted to continue to grow. We are looking for a hands-on Accounting Manager to support this growth. You will report to the CFO and will be responsible for transactional accounting tasks through to more in-depth financial analysis. In 2022 an admin will potentially be added to the team. We are looking for a CPA with a project accounting background to grow with the company. Keen to support in all areas.
- Planning, directing, and coordinating all accounting and administrative functions. Includes oversight of general accounting, accounts receivable, and accounts payable.
- Cash and banking – Processing payments (checks and wires). PST and GST returns and remittances. Reconcile bank accounts.
- Payroll and benefits administration. Process payroll (including timesheet entry) and remit statutory amounts including EHT and WCB. Prepare annual reconciliations for statutory remittances and issue T4’s. Ensure compliance with statutory regulations Maintain a fixed asset ledger for capital equipment. Update ledger for additions and disposals and record monthly depreciation
- Responsible for inventory accounting. Processing purchases and monthly consumption in Sage. Oversee periodic inventory counts and make appropriate adjustments based on the physical count.
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements. Oversee integration of CoreCon project costing data with Sage. Report on the profitability of the project.
- Prepare, review, and analyze financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness. Prepare financial analysis and MD&A for monthly operations meetings and quarterly board meetings. Analyze financial results vs budget and prior year. Identify issues and recommend corrective actions.
- Develop and monitor business performance metrics. Identify trends critical to the organization’s financial performance.
- Responsible for financial planning and analysis. Develop financial models to provide a rolling 12-month forecast of results. Perform ad hoc analysis and provide management with information vital to the decision-making process.
- Manage the budget process. Develop revenue budget models from the project pipeline. Compile full financial statement budget by month – Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow, plus Capital Expenditure requirements.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of accounting software, current practices, and procedures. Make recommendations for improvements. Evaluate the effectiveness of accounting and internal control systems. Maintain financial security by establishing internal controls
- Coordinating activities of the external accounts including preparing work papers for review engagement and for preparation of tax returns. Response to queries. Ensure accurate and timely reporting at year-end.
- CPA Designation and 7+ years of progressive accounting experience preferably in construction project reporting or equipment rental business
- Thorough knowledge of ASPE.
- Excellent analytical capabilities and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities across all levels of an organization
- Strong leadership skills with a dedication to driving and achieving results
- Solid technology skills including advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Knowledge of SAGE and CoreCon is preferred