Job and Organization Profile: Our client is an equal opportunity employer. They are creative in the support and resources they provide to a wide range of individuals in Vancouver. Highly focused on community and empowering people.
Looking for an individual to lead the Finance team comprised of a Managers in: Finance, Adult Guardianship, Corporate Services and IT. Reporting to the Executive Director and collaborating closely with the Associate Executive Director, Director of Real Estate, Manager of HR and Director of Fund Development.
You will provide exceptional leadership, management, and vision to ensure this Society has effective operational, administrative and financial management systems in place to meet commitments to the people they serve and to employees; deliverables and obligations to funders and community allies; to ensure the Society’s financial strength and operational efficiency.
Responsible for the effective strategic and operational performance of the Society’s financial, accounting and shared services. Ensure strategic development and growth of Adult Guardianship in alignment with best practices in finance, applicable legislation and person-centered services.
Successful individual will have strength in Financial Reporting, IT and a passion for supporting community.
- Strategic alignment – in conjunction with Senior Leadership team and Board, designs and implements a strategic roadmap for the Society’s internal operations that allow for sustainable growth and ongoing commitment to mission and vision.
- Financial Management – Effective functioning of accounting and finance activities in accordance with all relevant standards, regulations and accepted practices.
- Shared Services and IT Management – Implementation of the organization’s shared services, IT and information management framework and its overall performance and functioning.
- Risk Management / QA Programs and Processes – Oversight of the organizational Risk Management framework.
- Adult Guardianship – Responsible for the delivery of the AG Program, including financial systems and procedures and compliance with external regulatory standards in conjunction with delegated members of leadership team.
- Staff Management – Responsible for recruitment and supervision of directly managed staff, incorporating both formal and monitoring of performance against defined goals and objectives and informal coaching and mentoring support.
- Society Leadership and External Relations – Seeks forums and platforms in the community and the sector to promote the work and mission of the Society and its programs and services.
- CPA Designation in good standing
- 10 years financial management experience with 5 years in Not-for-Profit
- Change Management experience for IT improvements
- Experience with Government contracts and templates
- Financial Risk Management experience
- Solid analytical skills
- Able to develop internal controls and efficient processes
- Leadership and coaching skills
- HR experience with compensation and benefits a plus
- Curious and engaged in the organization
- Clever and highly accurate in reporting
- Success in completing projects
- Able to multi-task
- Open minded, listener
- Team player and knows how to have fun