Our client is a well-established organization selling and distributing high quality food products to the retail industry, from convenient stores to national grocery chains.
Due to their organic growth, they are adding a Director of Marketing to their team. This individual will be responsible for developing and implementing brand and marketing strategies for new and existing products. This includes campaigns, events, digital marketing, and PR initiatives.
The ideal candidate is someone creative, with the ability to look at the big picture and think outside the box. Previous experience in the food/consumer packaged goods industry is an asset.
The position will be based in Langley, BC and will offer great work-life balance and the opportunity to work with a leading Canadian organization!
- Develop and implement marketing and brand strategies for new and existing products
- Work closely with the company’s Sales team, enabling them to meet their commercial objectives by providing them with appropriate tools, materials and presentations
- Guide the day to day activities of the marketing team
- Ensure that the marketing objectives are implemented by the marketing team
- Work closely with product management team on new product development
- Manage social media presence and direct programs to improve social media reputation and recognition
- Develop and deliver marketing and communications strategies for the organization
- Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends
- Contribute to marketing effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; provide information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommend options and courses of action; implement directives
- Maintain relations with customers by organizing and developing specific customer- relations programs; determine company presence at conventions, annual meetings, trade associations, and seminars
- Provide short- and long-term market forecasts and reports by directing market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data
- Achieve financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; schedule expenditures; analyze variances; initiate corrective actions
- Complete marketing department operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; follow up on work results
- Maintain marketing staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Maintain marketing staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Develop marketing staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- 5+ years of previous experience in developing and implementing marketing strategies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Business Administration, or equivalent
- Ability to manage a marketing budget
- Exceptional creativity, problem-solving, project management, and communications skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to interact with multiple departments and teams