Our client is a well-established Canadian distribution company in downtown Vancouver with a second office in Langley and warehouses and subsidiary businesses across Canada.
The elearning Specialist will be part of an innovative team that is building online resources and training material to support the development and roll out of a new company wide ERP system. Reporting to the Manager, Knowledge and Learning you will be the key person developing the training material. You will work with internal subject matter experts and transform their knowledge into clear and effective online training, technical documentation, and job aids.
Ideal candidate will have prepared training material in the technology realm, like software training. You have an aptitude for technology and can break down complex topics and processes into understandable pieces. You are service oriented, great with people skills and the ability to resolve problems. You communicate concisely. If this is you, I would love to hear from you.
- Create and update ERP system training documents and procedures
- Design and develop self-paced online learning modules, screencasts and walkthroughs to be hosted on company LMS and intranet
- Interview subject matter experts to assess and validate training content
- Build and design engaging e-learning modules using videos and other multimedia resources
- Create graphics, animations, videos, and other visual elements as needed.
- Degree or diploma in communication, marketing, instructional design or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience in digital technical training, eLearning development, video, audio, and graphic production
- Strong consulting skills and ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Proficient in rapid-development authoring tools, with a preference towards Camtasia and Articulate 360, including Storyline 360 and Rise, etc.
- Aptitude to learn new authoring tools and techniques as needed
- Ability to be flexible and work independently on all required project tasks
- Excellent verbal / written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to make complex topics simple and easy to understand
- Bilingualism, French and English, is an asset