Our client is a leading consulting firm in engineering services offered to clients in the life sciences industry. They specialize in asset management and engineering reliability. We are looking for an Energy Manager to join their team. Ideally, this person will be a Certified Energy Manager, or will be able to complete this designation within 1 year of employment.
- Track and monitor energy use through a database at each facility.
- Capture monthly energy consumption of major equipment.
- Develop and lead training initiatives on energy tracking and monitoring.
- Review energy reports and assess major processes on sites to identify energy efficiency opportunities.
- Review maintenance and operating schedules to identify operational energy savings.
- Develop maintenance protocols to increase energy efficiencies.
- Develop energy saving opportunities using business cases to justify capital expenses.
- Coordinate energy saving projects, including the planning, budgeting and scheduling of projects.
- Coordinate site inspections with funding organizations.
- Complete all reporting requirements, including an Energy Management Plan within the first 3 months of employment, as well as quarterly and annual reports.
- Provide technical analyses of energy projects.
- Champion a culture of energy savings at the client’s sites.
- Certified Energy Manager with intermediate-level experience.
- Energy Managers in Training or an individual with a P. Eng. and relevant experience who can complete the Certified Energy Manager designation within 1 year of employment may also be considered.
- At least 4 years of experience in a related energy manager position, working to reduce costs and increase savings for energy conservation measures.
- Experience developing energy management plans.
- Experience writing reports and communicating technical information.
- Experience delivering training on energy-saving opportunities.
- Experience and knowledge working with electrical systems, HVAC, control and energy analysis tools.
- Experience with various industrial equipment such as transformers, boilers, compressors, chillers and water systems.
- Ability to analyze technical information.