Our client is a leading Canadian manufacturer of mechanical and electronic products used in a variety of industries such as mining, aerospace, oil & gas, energy, etc.
They are currently in need of an Engineering Manager to oversee their well-established team of Engineers. This individual will be responsible for coordinating and optimizing the functions of the engineering team with the intent of producing innovative, cost-effective, and quality-driven products.
The Engineering Manager will work closely with operations, sales, and product management team to produce drawings and prototypes. He/She will set goals for the engineering teams and make sure the priorities are communicated and the projects are effectively managed.
This is a great opportunity for someone with previous leadership experience, with a strong engineering background (electronic/electric engineering highly preferred), and the ability to improve systems and processes.
The company offers the support of long-term employees, flexible hours, corporate and team building events, open door policy, and a fun environment!
- Manage engineering team (hiring, firing, promoting, etc.) and determines their workload by assigning projects based on skill level and specialty.
- Assist with the budgeting development and set up priorities.
- Manage the design projects and assign budget and timelines for each project.
- Improve analysis methods and develop project costing reports.
- Run project meetings and meet with the management team to discuss strategy and direction of the engineering projects.
- Engineering Degree (mechanical, electrical, electronics, computer engineering preferred).
- 10+ years of engineering experience and 5+ years in a leadership role.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment a strong asset.
- Ability to manage and meet deadlines and solve technical problems.
- Lead, coach, mentor the engineering team.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated, driven individual. Detail-oriented and analytical.