Our client is a successful general contracting firm offering EPC (engineering, procurements, construction), project management, and similar construction solutions to industrial, municipal and commercial sectors.
They are currently adding an Estimator to their team and offering a long-term opportunity to those who have previous experience in estimating for civil and municipal projects.
The Estimator will be responsible for preparing and coordinating complete estimates for the company’s tenders, primarily focusing on Municipal, Federal buildings and infrastructure pursuits, in both public and private sector markets throughout Western Canada. Reporting to the President, this individual will be based out of their Surrey, British Columbia office. Experience in the capacity of Project Manager will be an asset.
• Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
• Select vendors and/or subcontractors and determine cost effectiveness of projects to be bid
• Perform Risk and Contract Management responsibilities as required
• Prepare discipline estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work
• Consult with clients, vendors and other stakeholders to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve ant potential issues
• Review design options and recommend best solution based on cost, engineering quality or availability of materials
• Review list of work to be performed by subcontractors
• Review final estimate and apply strategic cost factors where necessary
• Monitor client changes and advise the estimating team of all changes in scope during the estimate period
• Follow awarded contracts as assigned – may include estimating extra work items, change orders, credits
• Advise on major changes in scope of work and monitor actual cost to estimated cost
• Search, analyze and communicate to the team options for the most effective means and methods of construction
• Prepare bids, select vendors and/or subcontractors and determine cost effectiveness of projects to be bid
• Must have previous experience with Bid2Win software or heavy bid software
• Minimum of 5 years estimating and cost control related experience, with at least 3 years in infrastructure related construction and 3 years in commercial construction
• Proficient with MS Projects, MS Word, Excel
• Technical knowledge and experience bidding design-build projects in Canada is an asset
• Thorough knowledge (ideally with hands on application) in the construction of commercial and industrial buildings, tenant improvements, earthworks, concrete structures and civil projects
• Mechanical or process mechanical experience will be an asset