Job Profile: The Executive Director will report to this hands-on Board of Directors. Core responsibilities of the Executive Director are managing and overseeing all facets of daily operations and administration, employees, fundraising, programs and strategic intentions of the Foundation. Representing the foundations within the community and leading in a manner that support and guides the vision and mission as set out by the Board of Directors.
In, short, you are an amazing networker with creative abilities and ideas to support and develop fundraising initiatives. You build solid relationships, lead change, and multi-task. You have integrity and passion.
- Create and strengthen working relationship with all relevant stakeholders, such as the Board of Directors, employees, sponsors, donors, volunteers, service groups, government agencies and the community in general;
- Develop, implement and maintain an effective communications plan aligned with the overall strategic intentions; and
- Develop, implement and maintain marketing and public relations activities that engage a wide range of stakeholders to increase visibility of the Foundation and aligned with the overall strategic intentions.
Board of Directors:
- Develop and build rapport and effective teamwork with Board members. Support the Board Chair in building and fostering a healthy, positive and collaborative Board culture and experience for Board members;
- Identify, assess and inform the Board of internal and external issues that affect the Foundation;
- In addition to the Board Chair, act as a spokesperson for the Foundation, and represent the Foundation at community events to enhance the Hospital Foundation’s community profile;
- Attend Board meetings and effectively communicate with the Board by providing all information and reports to the Board as requested, in a timely and accurate manner (i.e. fundraising activities, financial statements, community engagement);
- Alert the Chair if a Director’s performance is not aligned with the Foundation’s stated Values and Code of Conduct;
- Identify compliance gaps and make recommendations to the Board; and
- Participate within and/or lead Committees, as directed by the Board.
Leadership and Management:
- Effectively plan, organize, manage, and implement complex initiatives
- work in manner that is in accordance with the Foundation’s mission, vision and values at all times; and
- promote well balanced working relationships with employees to create and maintain a positive workplace environment of commitment, facilitation and team building
- Develop, implement and maintain an operational plan which incorporates goals and objectives that work towards the strategic direction of the Hospital Foundation;
- Ensure that the operation of the Foundation meets the expectations of the Board within the approved budgets;
- Develop, implement and maintain operational and human resources policies, procedures and practices including providing employees with performance feedback and formal reviews in a timely manner:
- Monitor and manage employee performance on an ongoing basis. Ensure that employee performance is aligned with the Hospital Foundation’s stated Values and Code of Conduct.
- Identify and report to the HR Committee any employee issues that may require formal disciplinary procedures up to and including termination;
- Identify, develop, implement and maintain systems needed to facilitate efficient operations;
- Develop, implement, maintain and promote a strategy and volunteer management program to effectively recruit and manage volunteers;
- Implement remuneration increases, if warranted, in a timely and accurate manner as approved by the Board.
- Ensure that the operational financial records of the Foundation are maintained in an accurate and current manner, and that any discrepancies or irregularities be brought to the attention of the Treasurer, Finance Committee and/or Board;
- Develop and present an Operating Budget and 5 year forecast to the Board for approval. Implement and manage approved budgets, as guided by the Board;
- Manage Board approved capital budgets, as requested by the Board;
- Develop, implement and oversee fundraising activities;
- Oversee and monitor all facets of the financial bookkeeping, ensure sound bookkeeping and accounting procedures are followed. Report discrepancies or concerns to the Board.
- Minimum of five years of increasingly responsible fundraising experience, preferably in a healthcare setting with evidence of continued growth through education and participation in professional fundraising organizations.
- CFRE certification a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in public relations, marketing, business or communications preferred.
- Experience reporting to and working with a Board of Directors.
- Understanding good Governance practices.
- Computer skills required to manage fundraising and donor databases.
- Has brand building savvy and can develop marketing strategy, programs and tools to establish a strong profile for the foundation that will attract significant capital to the foundation.
- Comfortable with all management requirements, planning and budgeting, reporting and all other fiduciary obligation of effective foundation management.
- Leadership skills and ability to support Board.
- Powerful communicator both oral and written
- Compassion and warmth
- Results oriented
- Creative and tech savvy with social media
- Resourceful and Organized able to multi-task.