Our client is a provider of water treatment and dewatering equipment and services to the construction industry. They can count on a team of dedicated professionals that design, install, and maintain customized systems to meet each client’s unique needs. They provide their services to owners and general contractors who are developing large commercial, institutional, and residential properties as required by municipal and Erosion Control specifications.
They are looking for an experienced and highly motivated individual for their newly created Field Operations Manager position. Reporting to the CEO, and working closely with all internal teams, the Field Operations Manager will be responsible for increasing the company’s ability to optimize operational efficiency, anticipate challenges, and drive good decision-making in support of providing the ultimate service experience to their clients. A key part of the position will be team development in preparation for their projected growth. As a key member of the Leadership Team, the Field Operations Manager will actively participate in their quarterly strategic planning sessions.
- Team Leadership: Lead and scale a team of field technicians, equipment operators, and support staff to ensure safe and efficient operations as the company grows. Provide coaching, training, and guidance to promote professional growth and performance excellence.
- Operations: Continuously identify opportunities to improve operational processes and streamline workflows. Implement best practices to enhance productivity and reduce downtime. Visit project sites regularly to ensure all projects are well executed.
- Safety and Compliance: Working with the HSE Manager, implement and enforce strict safety protocols and regulatory compliance standards for field operations. Conduct regular safety training sessions and audits to ensure a safe working environment for all team members.
- Client Relations: Working with the Business Development and Project Management teams, build and maintain strong relationships with clients by understanding their needs, providing technical assistance, and addressing any concerns or issues promptly. Strive to exceed client expectations and maintain a high level of client satisfaction.
- Equipment Management: Oversee the maintenance, repair, and logistics of a diverse fleet of equipment. Collaborate with the maintenance team to ensure equipment is in excellent working condition and available for rent when needed.
- Inventory Management: Monitor equipment inventory levels, identify shortages, and plan for equipment replenishment based on client demands and project timelines.
- Budget and Cost Control: Assist in developing and managing the operational budget, tracking expenses, and optimizing resource allocation to maximize profitability.
- Reporting: Generate regular operational reports, performance metrics, and KPIs to assess team performance, equipment utilization, and client satisfaction.
- Strategy: As a key member of the Leadership Team, participate in the development and implementation of strategic plan.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in a relevant field; 2+ years in a similar managerial position.
- Unwavering commitment to safety.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with clients, team members, and other stakeholders.
- Problem-solving mindset and the ability to make informed decisions under pressure.
- Proficient in using operational software and systems for equipment tracking, inventory management, and reporting.
- Strong leadership and team management skills, with a track record of effectively leading and developing a growing team.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle competing priorities.
- Initiative in proactively identifying and actioning on potential opportunities and risks.
- Values of Teamwork, Innovation, Growth, Excellence, Responsibility and Service.
- Valid BC driver’s license.
- Experience in procurement, specifically negotiating capital expenditure purchases, an asset.
- Relevant degree or certificate an asset.