Our client is a world leading manufacturer of mobility solutions (such as elevators and escalators) for a variety of buildings. They provide innovative applications as well as an outstanding customer service, maintenance and repair solutions.
They are currently in need of a Field Operations Manager who will be responsible for managing existing installation operational activities through conforming to customer and company requirements as related to safety, cost improvement and customer satisfaction in support of Branch/District objectives. He/She will also manage, coach and train field employees as well as health and safety requirements.
The role is a permanent position that requires strong coaching, communication and operational skills as well as the ability to solve problems, handle union relationships and manage multiple projects at once.
The company offers career advancement opportunities and the chance to work for one of the most internationally recognized companies in its field.
- Provide leadership and direction for the operational functions in alignment with local strategies and Corporate and District/Branch objectives
- Manage direct reports through providing mentorship, guidance and constructive feedback to promote employee development
- Implement customer and Company requirements for quality, performance reliability and passenger safety for each location under their supervision
- Make sound judgments as related to motivation, training and work assignments for all employees within their assigned responsibility, while at the same time, adjusting manpower to minimum level and meeting and or exceeding customer requirements
- Persuade field employees to follow practices and procedures that will foster teamwork and improve quality and productivity
- Manage/support all service work in area of responsibility within framework of financial budget
- Monitor job completion check points and implement required corrective action in order to drive service delivery performance to BDP model
- Manage ongoing program of field audit to assurance conformance of performance standards of quality, completeness and safety
- Provide technical support to Sales and Field employees
- Liaise with property management representatives/building owners
- Ensure compliance with government regulatory requirements
- Ensure customer needs or enquires are met in a prompt, professional manner. Provide clear and written communications
- Post Secondary – preferably in Business or Engineering
- 5-8 years in elevator industry or related experience, or a similar industry which includes the sales and servicing of capital equipment, with at least 3-5 of those years is a senior supervisory or management position
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent coaching, communication, customer service, leadership and problem-solving skills
- Teamwork: Ability to interact with all levels and be an integral part of the operation
- Demonstrate the ability to embrace new concepts and change as well as seek new ways of doing things