Our client is a global manufacturer of processing equipment and systems used in the production of cosmetics, personal care products, food and pharmaceuticals. They currently require a Field Service Technician to join their team and support clients across North America, but mostly in the Midwest.
Successful candidates will have 3-5 years of experience as a mechanic or field service technician of agitators, mixers, gas turbines or rotating equipment.
Our client offers an above average hourly pay, overtime pay, excellent medical/dental benefits, and 401k.
This position can be based anywhere near a major airport in the Midwest, ideally in Indianapolis or Chicago. Our client will provide the appropriate training for the right individual.
- Service of rotating/industrial mixing equipment in the field
- Read electrical and technical drawings to determine work procedures
- Install or supervise the installation of mechanical equipment, referencing layout plans and utilizing hand and power tools as well as rigging equipment
- Inspect equipment to determine the cause of disruption/issue
- Collaborate with the service manager and troubleshoot customer problems
- Coordinate personal travel for visiting customers for field service work
- Answer questions on-site to clients about warranties, service contracts, spare parts, and process improvements
- Submit service and expense reports
- Adhere to all safety standards
- 3-5 years of experience as a mechanic or field service technician working with agitators, mixers, gas turbines or rotating equipment
- Good communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Fluency in Spanish is a major asset
- Able to travel 50-60% of the time, and book personal travel arrangements
- Experience with rigging and machinery installation is a major asset
- Ability to communicate with customers in the field and work with mechanical staff on site
- Mechanical certification is a major plus but not required