Our client is a world leading manufacturer of mobility solutions (such as elevators and escalators) for a variety of buildings. They provide innovative applications as well as an outstanding customer service, maintenance and repair solutions.
They are currently in need of a Field Supervisor – New Installations – who will be responsible for managing new installation operational activities through conforming to customer and company requirements as related to safety, cost improvement and customer satisfaction in support of Branch/District objectives. He/She has responsibility for managing, coaching and training field employees as well as health and safety requirements.
The role is a permanent position that requires strong coaching, communication and operational skills as well as the ability to solve problems, handle union relationships and manage multiple projects at once.
The company offers career advancement opportunities and the chance to work for one of the most internationally recognized companies in its field. Candidates outside of BC will be considered and offered relocation support, if required.
- Implement customer and Company requirements for quality, performance reliability and passenger safety for each location under their supervision
- Manage hourly field employees through providing mentorship, guidance and constructive feedback to promote employee development
- Make sound judgments as related to motivation, training and work assignments for all employees within their assigned responsibility, while at the same time, adjusting manpower to minimum level and meeting and or exceeding customer requirements
- Monitor the work of all hourly field employees from both a quantitative and qualitative point of view
- Review of time tickets for accuracy and maintain vacation schedules
- Persuade field employees to follow practices and procedures that will foster teamwork and improve quality and productivity
- Manage/support all service work in area of responsibility within framework of financial budget
- Implement route management strategy in support of assuring uniform application of preventative maintenance procedure while controlling manpower to minimum level
- Provide technical support to Sales and Field employees
- Ensure ISO compliance
- Liaise with property management representatives/building owners
- Ensure compliance with government regulatory requirements
- Interpret customer concerns and mobilize the necessary internal resources in such a way that customer satisfaction is assured while cost and human resources disruption is minimized
- Ensure customer needs or enquires are met in a prompt, professional manner. Provide clear and written communications
- Communicate with and influence business agents, inspectors, etc., in resolving disputes
- Monitor service calls in assigned portfolio to eliminate repetitive calls
- Maintain and manage pro-active relationships with Union business agent
- Post Secondary – preferably in Business or Engineering
- 3-5 years in elevator industry or related experience, or a similar industry which includes the sales and servicing of capital equipment
- Proficient in MS Office
- Ability to motivate and guide team members
- Communicate clearly and articulately
- Demonstrate costumer focus through improving performance
- Ability to fully understand the problem, assess responsibility, explore alternatives, develop creative solutions and negotiate settlements
- Ability to interact with all levels and be an integral part of the operation