Our client is a non-profit organization that supports people with mental health issues and housing.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Accounting and Finance Manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Finance Department. The role involves working closely with the Director of Finance to ensure the efficient functioning of financial systems, policies, and procedures. The Finance Manager plays a pivotal role in maintaining accurate financial records, providing timely reports, and contributing to the overall financial health of the organization.
The primary purpose of the Finance Manager is to manage the daily financial activities of the organization, ensuring compliance with established policies and procedures. This includes oversight of the accounting team and participation in budget preparation, financial analysis, payroll, audit activities, and other related functions under the guidance of the Director of Finance.
- Oversee day-to-day financial recording and reporting to ensure completeness, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Work closely with the Finance staff to implement and maintain financial management systems compliant with policies, legislation, and funder requirements.
- Assist in monitoring the financial performance of the organization and provide recommendations for improvement to the Director of Finance.
- Contribute to the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and special reports, ensuring they are timely, accurate, and meet funder requirements.
- Full responsibility for non-union management payroll.
- Collaborate with community groups, leaders, and agencies as needed.
- Support the Director of Finance in organizational strategic planning and contribute to the development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of strategic and operational plans.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent post-secondary education in accounting and financial management.
- Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA) or equivalent accounting designations.
- Experience with full cycle accounting in ASPE.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience, preferably in a non-profit/union setting.
- Experience supervising accounting staff
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a team.
- Knowledge of financial systems, budget preparation, and financial management.
- Proficient in computer skills, including MS Office applications. Confidence with Excel.
- Sage 300 Enterprise preferred
- Previous payroll processing experience ideally on Comvida.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work effectively within a team and contribute to program delivery.
- Familiarity with administrative functions related to finance.
- Experience in time management, problem-solving, and conflict resolution.
- Ability to assist in leading and mentoring staff to achieve organizational objectives.