Our client is a leading finishing carpentry contractor working primarily on new, multi‐family, residential buildings in Vancouver and the Lower Mainland. With a strong portfolio of upcoming projects, they are looking to add to their crew of experienced and professional site foremen.
The Foreman will be responsible for completing their contracted scope of work, to the required quality standards, in a safe and profitable manner. Working with both employees and sub‐contractors he/she will represent our client on the job sites. Coordinating crew, meeting with client site management teams, coordinating with other trades, and working on the tools as an installer, allow the Foreman to add to the long list of high-quality projects our client has completed, providing homes for thousands of families.
Most of our client’s foremen have been part of the company for over 10 years. Through ongoing training and the opportunities for personal growth, our client has created a company full of proud career tradespeople, instead of temporary construction workers.
The company treats their employees like family and motivates them to continually improve their skills and challenge their abilities, find reward in the pride of a job well done, build strong working relationships with the large variety of people who work in professional construction. A keen eye for detail, strong organizational skills, desire to learn and teach, and great communication skills are the key factors to be successful within the company.
- Assign work to employees and sub‐contractors
- Complete daily safety reports, review safe work procedures
- Perform quality inspections of all completed work
- Review areas of work for readiness
- Coordinate deliveries (as scheduled) and confirm counts of materials
- Document damaged materials or supply errors
- Work on tools doing finishing carpentry tasks
- Complete and document toolbox safety meeting with the crew
- Attend trade meeting
- Review drawings for changes and to familiarize with details
- Order materials for the upcoming month
- Provide progress update for invoicing
- Set‐up lock‐up for storing sundry items and hardware
- Set‐up cut station
- Make templates and jigs for repetitive layout
- Establish project-specific specifications prior to installation
- Complete mock‐ups for approval
- Maintain and control tool inventory
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Fluent in English, verbal and written
- Read architectural drawings and specifications
- Worked as a finishing carpentry installer an asset
- Worked as a supervisor for a minimum of two prior projects from start to finish
- Own transportation to job sites