Our client’s sensors, controllers, transmitters and systems are installed in commercial HVAC, institutional, municipal and industrial applications including parkades, refrigeration plants, commercial swimming pools, water purification plans, arenas, wineries, breweries, wastewater treatment plans, and cannabis production facilities. Their products are sold across Canada, In all 50 US states and 23 countries around the world.
Ongoing product development ensures that their equipment is at the leading edge of a rapidly evolving space. They have a strong and consistent commitment to customer satisfaction, safety, and environmental protection.
We are looking for a dynamic and results-driven General Manager to direct and manage all of our client’s business activities with a key focus on further developing their sales channels and market presence in the USA.
The successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills, superior knowledge of business functions and strong leadership qualities. They will account for all business activities, staff development, operational efficiencies, and revenue growth. They will continue to improve the employer’s reputation among all of their customers, suppliers, employees, and other stakeholders. Previous experience in the US market is required.
- Overseeing daily business operations Including engineering, production, marketing, sales, and administration.
- Creating and maintaining a positive result orientated culture.
- Recruiting and training managers and staff.
- Building relationships with key customers.
- Developing and executing a US growth strategy.
- Leading the sales and marketing team.
- Evaluating employee performance and productivity.
- Identifying and capitalizing on growth opportunities.
- 5-10 years of experience in a people leadership role with P&L responsibilities.
- Experience leading a sales team of 5 or more members.
- Building product manufacturing experience and understanding of bid/spec dynamics.
- Experience developing and implementing a US go-to-market strategy and establishing/managing a US-based sales team.
- Experience working electronics manufacturing.
- Experience dealing with the US market.
- Strong people leadership qualities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly organized.
- Strong work ethic.
- Steller interpersonal skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Technology savvy.
- Proactive nature.
- Degree in Business Management or Master’s in Business Administration.
- Experience in sales, finance, operations or production environments.
- Knowledge of gas detection and indoor air quality.