Our client is a well-known supplier of glass in British Columbia. They provide North American fabricators with high quality glass products and have built their name and reputation on exceptional customer service and strong logistics.
We are searching for a General Manager to join their team, responsible for managing all operations, sales and logistics. He or she will lead the overall team, professionalize the sales process, develop business strategies for market growth, implement new technologies to modernize back-end processes, and create a cohesive company culture. We are searching for an executive business leader with strong financial acumen, progressive management style and experience building and executing growth plans in the USA. Candidates will come from a related industry such as manufacturing, building products or construction.
- Create and execute the company’s overall business strategy, set growth targets and develop plans to achieve goals
- Manage operations, sales, financial reporting and logistics.
- Manage company finances, monitor budgets, expenses, and product unit costs to drive revenue and margin projections.
- Implement operational improvements with a strong emphasis on performance and efficiency metrics.
- Lead and mentor the team to create a culture of high performance and engaged employees.
- Develop key performance indicators and metrics to measure employee success. Provide performance coaching and feedback.
- Oversee employee hiring, onboarding, training and development.
- Professionalize the sales process and builds organizational structure for sales.
- Build and advance relationships with key suppliers.
- Manage escalated customer issues and build internal capacity to do so through staff and policy development .
- Implement new systems and technologies to improve operational and back-end inefficiencies.
- Report to shareholders on financial, operational and sales metrics.
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations and standard operating procedures, provide resources and training.
- 7-10 years of experience at a senior management level, preferably a General/Operations Manager or Director level position with P/L responsibility.
- Experience in industrial manufacturing, building products or construction. Experience in wholesale distribution is an asset.
- Experience in managing the Profit and Loss of a business or business unit with a heavy sales and logistics component.
- Experience building and executing strategic sales plans in the USA, as well as professionalizing sales processes.
- MBA or undergraduate degree in business management, finance or related certification is an asset.
- Experience in integrating new systems and technology into operations.
- Experience in overseeing Safety plans and training.
Key Behavioural Indicators (KBI): The ideal candidate possesses the following competencies to be successful in this position:
- Executive management skills to strategically plan, lead and manage a business.
- Leadership and persuasive influencing skills to use one’s personal credibility, emotional intelligence, and advanced interpersonal skills to influence others buy into a common vision and goals.
- Management skills to organize and manage people and processes to deliver a products and services.
- People management skills to train, motivate, enable employees meet their professional growth and potential in the workplace.
- Business acumen skills in planning, operations, finance, and strategy.
- Change management skills to effectively lead others through organizational change in processes, systems, organizational structures and/or job roles.
- A great communicator who uses concise communication methods:
- Report to shareholders on financial, operational and sales metrics;
- Build an informed and engaged team who willingly bring forward ideas for operational and business improvement.
- Technical skills to integrate new systems and technologies to improve operations.
- Organizational skills in operational planning, problem-solving and delegation.
- Full-time permanent position
- Competitive salary and bonus program
- Group health benefits plan
- Opportunities for job advancement
- Evening and/or weekend work is required
- Future travel may be required
- Onsite work