Our client is a retail-focused organization with a light manufacturing component. We are looking for a General Manager to join their team. This person will act as a plant manager, overseeing over 100 employees with 5-6 direct reports. He or she will be accountable for operations, production, processes, and teams for a brand-new facility. Continuous improvement is a major focus of the position, as well as leading with the organization’s core values. We are looking for leaders from light manufacturing to join their team.
- Creates, monitors, and meets production and performance objectives
- Works with direct reports to understand production and sales data, identifying areas for improvement and creating improved processes
- Manages production based on sales forecasts, capacity, and available inventory
- Creates new workflow processes that optimize flow and efficiency
- Implements quality control measures
- Oversees warehouse logistics and administration functions of the facility
- Works with other managers on the quality of production, creating strong relationships with other facilities/stores within the organization
- Ensures product supply meets the processing quotas
- Ensures the company’s health, safety and environmental mandates are fulfilled
- Ensures equipment is properly inspected, maintained, and used
- Leads the installation, maintenance, and refurbishment of new and existing equipment
- Manages supplies to ensure minimal down time
- Works with other managers to plan for staffing needs, including recruiting, selecting, and training of team members
- Works with direct reports to ensure processing is maximized while safety is maintained
- Creates succession planning and provides mentorship and training opportunities
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a general manager, plant manager, production manager, or equivalent of a light manufacturing facility.
- A solid understanding of equipment and machinery, such as conveyors, robots, forklifts, compactors, balers, compressors, etc.
- An engineering degree is an asset but not absolutely required.
- Experience implementing continuous improvement/lean manufacturing processes.
- A passion for the environment/sustainability is an asset but not required.