Our client is a well-established organization selling and distributing high quality food products to the retail industry, from convenient stores to national grocery chains.
Due to their organic growth, they are adding a General Manager to their team. This individual will be responsible for overseeing all the national daily business activities, from sales to operations, with focus on Western Canada.
He/she will report to the President and will evaluate and improve overall business functions while maintaining and continuing developing growth culture.
The ideal candidate is someone with a strategic mindset and the ability to identify new business opportunities and improve processes and strategies. Previous experience in the food/CPG industry is required.
The position will be based in Langley, BC and will offer great work-life balance and the opportunity to work with a leading Canadian organization!
- Oversee and improve overall business activities
- Manage budgets and optimize expenses
- Strategic planning, goal setting
- Regular communication around business goals
- Update policies and processes if/when needed
- Work with HR in recruitment and training
- Ensure health & safety regulations are being followed
- Prepare activity reports to finance and upper management
- Ensure employees are working productively and professionally
- Work closely with company and divisional controller to maximize financial returns
- High school diploma required, business degree an asset
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing for reports and correspondence
- Computer literacy, including working skills of Excel and e-mail
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Good organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Proven experience as a General Manager or similar executive position
- Retail Food Perishables preferred
- Strong business management skills, knowledge of business process and functions (finance, HR, procurement, operations etc.)
- A solid background in Sales/Marketing
- A proven track record in Sales Excellence
- Strong sales planning, analytics and execution
- Strong decision-making skills, and analytical ability
- Organizational and Leadership skills
- Problem solving aptitude