Our client is a well-established Canadian organization specializing in the design and fabrication of industrial components for various industries including mining, oil & gas, and mineral processing.
They are adding a General Manager to their team in Kamloops, BC who will be responsible for overseeing all departments including operations, sales, estimating, design, quality, and administration. The position requires a professional with demonstrated business acumen to manage and lead a diversely talented team.
The company we are representing offers the opportunity to work within an engaging environment and represent an employer which deeply cares for and supports the local community. They are also expanding their organization while counting on repeating customers and a well-financed business.
Previous manufacturing and senior management experience is required to be considered for this role—preference for candidates coming from mining, oil & gas, or related industries. Relocation support will be offered if needed.
· Provide strong positive leadership, vision, and values
· Develop and implement short and long-term strategic plans
· Senior management oversight for all departments
· Accountability for safety, on-time delivery, quality, sales, profitability, inventory, and other KPIs
· Manage strategic inventory and purchasing initiatives to maximize company efficiencies
· Develop an understanding of the products and markets that the company services and maintain a sales and production forecast
· Maintain a right-sized workforce that is properly skilled and motivated to produce top-quality work product
· Maintain and promote the company as a contributing and positive part of Kamloops
· Become familiar with all aspects of the business which includes products, processes, sales, capabilities, and constraints
· Set budgets and hold all departments accountable
· Management Reporting as required by the President and other stakeholders
· Degree in Management, Accounting or Engineering preferred
· 10+ years of proven management experience with preference to experience in industrial manufacturing or mining
· Demonstrated leadership skills and experience
· Computer literacy
· Experience with ERP or MRP systems is an asset