Our client is a growing organization with plants in BC and Saskatchewan. The HR Generalist will have full responsibility for the HR requirements of the Chilliwack location. This is a 100% in-office role. Looking for an HR leader who can build solid relationships with the 150+ staff at this location.
High volume of recruitment in this role. The company is a unionized environment and will value labour relations experience but is also willing to train the right candidate. They hire foreign workers so experience with this is a plus as well.
- Manage full cycle recruitment process for the plants 150 staff
- Maintain employee records in ADP for all unionized employees
- Provide administrative support
- Organize and maintain reporting on training initiatives and other employee life cycle events
- Manage and track HR metrics in ADP and on company specific reports for HR
- WSBC/WCB Claim management of employer reporting, injury stats and metrics
- Maintain a strong customer service relationship with customers
- Advise on and uphold company policies and procedures (including collective agreement) for all unionized staff.
- Special projects as assigned
- Completion of diploma or certificate in Human Resources.
- Outstanding organizational and MS office skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong understanding of employment law.
- Strong ethics regarding confidentiality and privacy.
- Proven experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously