Our client is a specialized healthcare provider offering high level of customer service and care to clients. Located in Vancouver, The HR Generalist/Manager will report to Head of HR in the US and will be responsible for four branch locations in BC and Alberta.
This HR Generalist position leads and carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/ employment, HRIS management/reporting and employment law compliance. This position requires an extremely perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization. The generalist must be sensitive to the facility and patient needs, employee goodwill and business needs.
- Provide HR support in all aspects of the employee life cycle
- Key HR representative for Canada
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and culture building; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Assist Family members with basic benefit questions/needs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of experience or a master’s degree and 3 years of experience or 7 years of experience
- CPHR or US equivalent SHRM or equivalent
- Ideal candidate will come from the healthcare industry; will consider others from high customer service industries
- Professional verbal and written communication skills, personable demeanor with a flexible and positive attitude
- Manage sensitive and confidential information with the utmost discretion
- High Emotional Quotient (EQ)/ Emotional Intelligence
- Demonstrated ability to function as part of a senior leadership team and work with other senior leaders
- Strong management and leadership competencies
- Superior judgement, negotiation, and decision-making skills
- Strong ethics and high level of personal and professional integrity
- Must be able to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks effectively and efficiently while maintaining a professional, courteous manner.
- Advanced computer skills (including, but not limited to spreadsheets, word documents, Internet, and email). Experience with MS Word, Excel, and ability to learning new computer programs.
- Shows initiative and enjoys working as a team in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to details.