Our client is a leading pulp and paper trading company. Headquartered just outside of Frankfurt, Germany, we are looking for an entrepreneurial HR Manager to join their team. This established company operates in Europe, Asia, South America, North America, and North Africa. They trade different pulp grades as well as specialty papers and are known for developing remote markets. Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will focus on the strategic development of their employees, developing HR processes, initiatives, goals, and policies. There is also a large emphasis on recruiting and talent management.
- Develop and implement HR processes, initiatives, goals and policies.
- Act as a business partner for management and executives.
- Recruit talent for the organization and manage the entire talent acquisition process – from job descriptions, advertisements, sourcing, applicant vetting, and candidate assessment.
- Manage onboarding and training.
- Conduct global salary assessments.
- Develop innovative HR practices to enhance company culture and performance.
- Work closely with management on performance management and personnel development.
- Manage daily HR activities (such as vacation, illness and return to work files).
- Introduce HR software and process improvements to automatize daily HR activities.
- Business or Human Resources degree (or a related discipline).
- 5 years of experience as an HR Manager in a small-to-medium sized company.
- Direct experience with a variety of HR functions such as recruiting, payroll, policy and procedure development, and mentorship.
- Proficient in English.
- Basic German language skills at a minimum (full proficiency preferred).
- Experience using MS Office and HR-related software.
- Strong international business acumen gained from experiences working with international organizations.
- High level of initiative and entrepreneurial drive.