Our client’s company was founded in BC in 1956. They have grown to become a major general contractor and design-builder, with a progressive and multi-disciplined group of companies delivering specialized paving, concrete, milling, reclaiming and recycling services, as well as multi-span bridge construction and innovative concrete structure solutions to clients throughout British Columbia. They are looking for a Human Resources Manager. This position is responsible for developing and implementing HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy as well as, ensuring that the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of human resources plans and programs are realized.
· Recruiting, staffing, training and development
· Compensation and benefits, performance management and improvement of systems
· Prepare employment contracts, addendums, other documents, and internal regulations, including non-standard situations;
· Prepare documents for employment terminations and conducts employee exit interviews, reporting on trends and evaluating information gained.
· Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedure
· Monitors and stays current with industry trends, best practices and legislative developments in all aspects of human resources
· University Degree with specialization in Human Resource Management
· Strong working knowledge of the Employment Standards Act, Human Rights and Employment Law.
· Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
· Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
· Human Resources experience in both a unionized and non-unionized workplace
· Broad experience in human resources, including recruitment and onboarding, compensation, employee relations, policy administration, and legal compliance
· Proficiency with Microsoft office suite
· Advanced communication (oral and written) skills