Our client provides services to remote worksites by setting up camps, logistics and aviation management services for clients in the resource and service sectors across Canada including the Arctic.
The Manager of Human Resources and Staffing is responsible for managing the Human Resources department and providing support on recruitment, safety, policy development, and logistics. The Manager of Human Resources and Staffing is a natural leader that drives a team and holds them accountable while focusing on continuously improving HR processes to maximize efficiency.
Strength in recruitment is required. This is an in-office position in Osoyoos, BC.
Great leadership team with a people focus.
- Reporting to the COO, the Manager of Human Resources and Staffing will be responsible for managing the Human Resources and Staffing departments initiatives, and directives. These specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Establish and lead the recruiting, hiring practices and procedures in the development and implementation of new policies within the HR department.
- Responsible for overseeing the management of people movement and accuracy.
- Work with Operation teams to identify and forecast staffing needs on a regular basis.
- Liaise with clients on priority hiring targets, reporting etc.
- Maintain adequate records of all training and development. Facilitate employee skill development by coordinating appropriate licensing and certifications as needed.
- Assist with Conducting Interviews and reference checks when needed.
- Manage and Implement Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Development, amendment of Job Descriptions, interview guides, and hire packages as required.
- Maintain and develop working relationships with our Indigenous Partners/Communities across Canada to exceed our commitment to social responsibility throughout the regions we operate in.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in a Senior role managing a Human Resources team.
- Intermediate to Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Programs
- Knowledge and experience with recruitment, policy development, employee development, coaching and performance management
- Solid written and presentation skills
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and has a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills and ability to form trusted relationships with people of Various levels internally and externally to the organization.
- Calm, patient persona complemented by sound analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills with ability to understand broad Human Resource issues.
- CHRP certified and/or relevant experience