Our client is a long-established, family-owned business with a reputation for high quality and customer service. They are a leading supplier of building materials offering a wide variety of products to contractors, renovators, homeowners and builders in Vancouver and Lower Mainland.
They are currently looking for an Inside Sales Representative who will be the first point of contact for the company’s customers, so they are expected to have full product knowledge of the range of products that our client offers to customers. Knowledge of home construction and building codes will also be advantageous.
The ideal candidate is someone with previous experience in the building materials industry and with outstanding communications skills. Knowledge of Cantonese/Mandarin is an asset.
This is a great opportunity to work for a supportive and well-established organization with very low turn-over and an outstanding reputation within the building materials sector!
- Quoting door packages and other accessories
- Selling moulding, lumber and other building material supplies
- Sourcing special orders for customers
- Reading and interpreting blueprints and creating materials estimates
- Scheduling deliveries, working with a team of yard and delivery personnel
- Maintaining and growing customer base through prospecting, sales development, quoting and customer follow up
- Utilizing company’s business management software, update and maintain accurate account information, customer details, and project information so it is available for management and other team members.
- Business Degree or technical Diploma or combination of education and work experience
- Outstanding customer service and communications skills
- Detail-oriented, problem-solver, dependable
- Cantonese/Mandarin language skills an asset