Our client is one of the major wholesale distributors of building products to the residential, industrial, and commercial sector. Over the years they have built a solid reputation and a strong international presence, with multiple distribution centers across North America.
Due the company’s growth and expansion, they are adding an Inside Sales Representative to their team. This person will provide excellent customer service and lay the ground work for a successful order by ensuring order accuracy, verifying order details with the customer, efficiently entering the orders in the system, and relaying vital information to operations team members.
The Inside Sales Representative takes on a generalist function and is comfortable selling engineered wood products, siding, decking, railing, as well as all other building material product lines. Customers range in size from small independent lumber yards, to regional building material dealers, national home improvement chains, and industrial and OEM customers.
The company offers a supportive and stimulating work environment as well as the opportunity to grow within a fast-paced, successful organization!
- Promptly answer customer phone calls for orders, quotes, and inquiries.
- Determine customer requirements and secure the maximum invoice value for the order.
- Sell additional products by recognizing opportunities to up-sell or sell complementary products.
- Answer inquiries by clarifying desired information; researching, locating, and providing information.
- Enter orders efficiently and accurately into the order system.
- Relay vital information to operations team members.
- Prompt and accurate handling of credits and returns.
- Partner with Account Managers to manage customer relationships.
- Promptly and professionally resolve problems by clarifying issues; researching and exploring answers and alternative solutions; implementing solutions; escalating unresolved problems.
- Utilize call planning process to place outbound phone calls to customers to promote and sell products and promotion programs.
- Use CRM to record follow up calls.
- Purposes of outbound calls are to fill delivery trucks, follow up on orders, offer sales promotions, and manage “C” accounts. Every opportunity to be used to increase the dollar value of an order.
- High school graduation is a requirement
- 2+ years of previous inside sales experience, ideally within the building materials industry or in a distribution/wholesale environment
- Excellent customer service skills on the phone
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate customer needs
- Comfortable with conducting outbound phone calls to existing customers
- Able to quickly learn technical information specific to the building industry
- Working knowledge of wood frame residential construction is an asset
- Very comfortable with Excel, Word, and Outlook; good keyboarding skills and computer skills
- Aptitude for numerical calculations
- Excellent English communication skills at a capacity to influence sales over the phone