Our client is a Canadian-operated furniture manufacturer with factories around Asia. They design and produce high-end living, dining and home-office furniture sold to designers and architects. They do not sell direct to consumers. We are looking for an Inside Sales Representative to join their team. This individual will be a member of the company’s sales team, responsible for sales, support and administration for sales representatives and the development and management of Western Canadian accounts. This role is to execute tasks necessary to drive sales and promote product standards. It takes a lead in providing support to sales programs and product knowledge to maximize sales to the sales team. This position is to promote a customer focused culture within the organization.
Candidates can be based anywhere in AB or BC, preferably in the Calgary, Edmonton, or Vancouver areas, and work remotely. Minimum travel required.
This is an amazing opportunity to work for a leading and well-established organization that has been growing exponentially, even during covid. They are expanding and need a new asset to their already talented team!
- Ensure the effective communication with sales, sales support team and clients
- Partner with Management to set sales goals and targets
- Partner with Sales team and coordinate scheduled meetings to drive the need for maximizing sales targets with existing or new customers
- Provide top level customer service
- Build and manage current and new relationships (reaching territories not yet explored) by phone, email or occasionally by person (with the approval of management)
- Travel to US trade shows approximately two/three times a year
- Follow up with the leads created at the trade shows
- Meet the sales targets established by management on a monthly basis
- Develop a report on monthly promotions showing the follow up success
- Maintain a high standard of professional knowledge, ethics and practices when dealing with customers, suppliers, peers, subordinates, supervisors and other key stakeholders of the company
- Other responsibilities and accountabilities as assigned by the Sales Manager and/or Senior Sales Executive
- 1-3 years of recent sales experience, preferably in a B2B home fashion industry
- Excellent telephone and email etiquette, professional attitude and integrity
- Strong fashion sense
- Strong interpersonal skills, personable
- Ensure compliance to company policies procedures and standards
- Ability to effectively manage their time, comfortable with multi-tasking
- Excellent organizational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Inventive and resilient
- Excellent communication skills, as this position is in constant contact with customers, suppliers and management.
- Goal-oriented, as there will be sales targets to achieve.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Experience with SAP an asset