Our client is an exciting publicly listed company in the biotechnology sector. Currently have three active companies including research, manufacturing, and distribution.
We are looking for a skilled Intermediate to maintain our financial records, including purchases, sales, receipts and payments. As a start-up company we are looking for an individual who has experience setting up the books and ensuring regular cheque runs are in place.
The Accountant will work closely with our Accounting Manager to create and analyze financial reports and ensure legal requirements compliance, process accounts payable and receivable and process invoice.
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process
- Verify that transactions are recorded in the correct day book, suppliers ledger, customer ledger and general ledger
- Bring the books to the trial balance stage
- Perform partial checks of the posting process
- Enter data, maintain records and create reports and financial statements
- Process accounts receivable/payable and handle payroll in a timely manner
- CPA Student with a minimum of two to three years related expereince
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Quickbooks Enterprise preferred
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Will consider experienced bookkeepers