Our client owns a group of businesses in Property Management, Interior design, and retail. You will be supporting all lines of business with a wide range of accounting tasks. Reporting to the Controller. The suitable candidate is a CPA student with a minimum of two years of general accounting experience.
- Cash and invoice analysis reports:
- Review bank accounts for incoming deposits:
- Bank reconciliations:
- Payroll: Completed for all companies Entry of data files/timesheets into Rise.
- Accounts payable: Perform the invoice entry into the accounting system Monthly Tasks:
- Rents: Complete rent received for three locations, requires review for special rent cases such as annual base rent increases for tenant or free rent months. Some rents require monthly updates to reflect the previous month’s utilities and shared expenses.
- Bank reconciliations: Reconcile bank for accounts for two businesses (USD/CAD/EUR). Ensure that entries in the accounting system match the bank, post any unreconciled items.
- Corporate credit card reconciliations: Entry and payment of card in CMO. Entry of transactions in respective accounting systems.
- Send AR statements to dealers:
- GST/PST Payments: This task entails pulling the GL to gather information on the monthly sales, GST collected, and GST ITCs. They are entered into the system and paid via the CIBC tax remittance system. Journal entries for each company are completed in their respective accounting systems for both the accrual and the payment of the taxes.
- Additional tasks include – cheque deposits, Bank runs, Royalty payments, general email inquiries, various account reconciliations, commission entries, general office admin support and support year end preparations.
- Ideal candidate will be a CPA student
- Minimum will require post-secondary certificate or degree in accounting or other business program with courses in accounting
- Minimum of two years of accounting experience in AP AR and other general accounting tasks
- Property Management industry highly preferred. Open to accounting experience in other industries as well such as retail or distribution.
- Proficient with Excel
- Quickbooks accounting a plus. Comfortable learning new software
- Strong written and oral communication skills.