Company Profile: Dynamic and fun accounting group at this head office with national transportation company.
Job Profile: You will be a key support to finance and revenue processing teams. Excellent opportunity to be part of a busy accounting team and opportunity to learn and be cross trained.
- Assist with payroll preparation
- Lead sheet
- Bank reconciliation of all bank accounts
- Entering and posting petty cash transactions
- Pay drivers bi-weekly
- Monthly expense review
- Reimbursement for trailer expenses and charge back to drivers
- Provide coding for Great West Life health and dental invoices.
- Process payments and deduction entries in Pegasus for all owner operators
- Deduct claim liability from owner operator responsible for damages as advised by claims manager
- Provide evidence of damages and 3rd party invoice to owner operator
- Process EFT payment in Great Plains and transfer money to driver accounts through website
- Send out all settlement details with supporting documents to each driver
- Reconcile each owner operator GL account monthly.
- Ensure all entries in Pegasus are posted in Great Plains. Clear each driver account.
- Resolve owner operator inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Business Management/Commerce or Accounting
- Intermediate level accounting knowledge
- Proficient in MS Office
- Adept and comfortable working with multiple software programs
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Effective interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail.
- Location best reached by car.