Our client is an established and reputable civil engineering and development consulting company in Vancouver delivering successful projects in the north shore, the sea to sky corridor and the lower mainland. Amidst growth they require an Intermediate Civil Engineer to add to their team. This is a permanent, full-time position which will play an essential role within their small, tight and efficient team.
The ideal candidate has experience in both the municipal field and/or the private sector as well as in land development projects, specifically pipe works, waterworks, sewer, storm and sanitary work.
The company is well respected in the community with high recommendations from local developers, architects, consultants, and municipalities. They are known for tackling complex projects and deliver quality of work that is second to none. The work environment is stimulating, positive and supportive where majority of their staff are long term employees.
• Projects are mainly green field land development, but also include infill developments, commercial, and light industrial.
• Design of civil systems: potable water, sanitary, drainage, and roadways.
• Preparing designs, calculations, specifications, cost estimates, reports, memos, design briefs, and budget analysis.
• Technical analysis for potable water systems including computer modelling.
• Technical analysis for stormwater including modelling, sizing infrastructure, and designing detention measures.
• Coordination of full right-of-way utilities including Shaw, Telus, BC Hydro, FortisBC, and streetlighting.
• Lead a team on a project from start to finish.
• Oversee the work of technicians and EIT’s and manage several projects while meeting strict deadlines.
• Working with Clients to understand their engineering requirements while meeting the municipal standards to reach job completion.
• Coordinating with other consultants.
• Determine the scope and fee for proposed engineering services, while completing projects on time and on budget.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or higher.
- Registered, or eligible to register, as a Professional Engineer with ‘Engineers and Geoscientists of BC’.
- Five (5) or more years of experience within Canada.
- Experience with Land Development projects.
- A wide variety of Civil Engineering disciplines including engineering of roads, water, sanitary and drainage systems, tender preparation, contract administration and field review.
- Knowledge of Municipal infrastructure and design requirements and standards.
- Experience working with AutoCAD.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills and the ability to use sound judgement.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, along with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Able to travel for client meeting, construction inspection and progress review.