Our client is a leading Consulting Structural Engineering firm offering a variety of engineering services within the Sea to Sky Corridor. They are currently looking for a driven and skilled Intermediate E.I.T. / Senior Structural Engineer P.Eng. to join their Structural Engineering department in their Whistler office.
The ideal candidate is someone with technical expertise and good interpersonal skills who will be assisting with the management and running of projects with clients and contractors. Previous experience in high-end residential construction, multi-family residential and light commercial structures as well as timber, steel and reinforced concrete design is essential.
Our client offers a flexible work environment with a competitive hourly rate employment contract. The employees set their own work hours to ensure project completion and can count on a work life balance to enjoy the beautiful nature and all the activities Whistler has to offer!
• Manage projects including client/contractor liaison, fee estimation, invoicing etc.
• Liaise with architects, designers, contractors etc.
• Perform detailed design calculations and analysis independently and under the guidance of Principal engineers.
• Manage Junior Structural E.I.T. staff members for completion of project.
• Work with the drafting team to prepare design drawings. Review drawings to ensure compliance with design intent.
• Attend site visits related to pre-design information gathering, post-construction review, and structural condition assessments. Review shop drawings.
• Prepare written reports under the guidance of Senior and Principal engineers. Describe findings of structural assessments clearly and concisely.
• Manage the OQM process and conformance.
• Bachelor’s degree in civil/structural engineering from an accredited university.
• Registration as a P.Eng. with EGBC OR as an Engineer In Training (E.I.T.) with the ability to obtain P.Eng. within 1-2 years.
• 4+ years of relevant work experience within the Residential sector essential.
• Structural design experience in timber, steel and reinforced concrete structures.
• Experience working with Canadian codes and design standards.
• Ability to work independently, conduct research and take direction.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English both written and oral.