Our client is a global engineering consulting firm offering a wide variety of services to the building and construction industry. They have offices around the world and work on the most exciting international projects.
Their Vancouver office is looking for an Intermediate Plumbing Designer/Engineer with previous design experience and ability to work alongside the existing Vancouver team. Flexibility to work from home will be offered.
This position provides the opportunity to work with a truly innovative and passionate team as well as the chance to potentially work in other offices overseas (if of interest in the future).
- Strong working relationships with developers, contractors and regulators of commercial and industrial developments
- Ability to occasionally adapt working hours for international coordination
- Preparing drawings, reports and plumbing specifications
- Coordinating with the company’s team of engineers, as well as coordinating externally with external design team members/stakeholders.
- Providing regular reviews on projects to evaluate clients’ expectations
- Conducting process improvement analysis as it relates to the operation and performance of systems;
- Supporting and initiating business development activities for the Plumbing team in Vancouver.
- Potential for leadership roles in the future
- Post-secondary education in Mechanical Engineering
- Professional Engineering Designation (P.Eng.) or Applied Science Technologist Designation (A.Sc.T.)
- 4+ years of relevant building systems design experience in BC
- Strong Technical ability. Strength in plumbing system designing and doing field reviews for Residential, Commercial, Institutional and Light Industrial buildings
- It would be preferable if the candidate has Mechanical (HVAC) experience also, but not critical
- Knowledge of AutoCAD/REVIT is an asset
- Legally entitled to work in Canada for an indefinite period
- Competency in BCBC, BCPC, VBBL, VPBL
- Competency compiling Engineering drawings (hand/CAD/BIM)
- Incorporating multidisciplinary information (e.g., electrical, architectural, structural, geotechnical, energy modelling, sustainability acoustics, client requirements)
- Client communication at site meetings, teleconferences, presentations, open houses
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Approaches tasks in a positive and professional manner
- Calm and productive when under pressure from deadlines
- Able to clearly explain engineering design information to clients in layman’s terms
- Class 5 BC Driver’s License
- Commissioning projects and doing occupancy pre-walkthrough and occupancy walkthroughs
- Understanding of 5-digit / 6-digit NMS (specification)
- Personable and comfortable with clients
- Needs to have good planning and organizational skills
- Able to deliver accurate & consistent results in a complex and deadline driven environment