Our client is a leading pulp and paper trading company headquartered in Europe.
We are looking for a junior commodity trader with 1-3 years experience to join their team. Working closely with senior traders and leaders at the organization, this position will involve managing a key supplier and several customers.
This established trading organization operates internationally and has a strong financial background. They trade different pulp grades as well as speciality papers and are known for developing remote markets.
- Trading packaging papers in Central Europe
- Acquire, negotiate and close sales and purchase contracts
- Service and maintain excellent working relationships with both customers and suppliers
- Source, prospect and identify new customers and trading opportunities
- Attend relevant trade shows and business events to broaden growth opportunities
- 1-3 years of experience trading a physical commodity (not using a digital platform, instead meeting customers and suppliers in person to facilitate sales)
- Some level of language proficiency in English, German and Russian
- Strong negotiation skills
- Entrepreneurial drive
- Progressive business skills
- A business or international trade degree, or equivalent professional experience