Our client is a successful software company based in Vancouver working in an exciting entertainment space with global clients.
We are recruiting an important management position for the company. This individual will manage other React Native Developers and report directly to the CTO. The React Native team is currently focused on migrating existing clients to the new product. Experience with React Native and bringing an application to market for external users is required, along with 5 years of mobile development experience. As this is a leadership role, management experience and/or a big picture mindset is required.
Candidates across Canada are encouraged to apply and will work with a close-knit team mostly based in Vancouver, BC.
- Support the legacy product while at the same time, migrate existing users to the new interface
- Meet with clients and help guide the process of migration
- Lead the documentation of technical designs
- Participate in feature planning, resource estimation and timelines
- Manage a team of developers and provide one-on-one support
- Solve front-end performance issues
- Work closely with the CTO and communicate high level information
- Liaise with multiple departments
- Hands-on React Native development experience is essential (such as bringing an application to market for external users)
- 5 years of mobile development experience
- Previous leadership experience and/or a leadership mindset
Bonus/nice to have:
- Proficiency with package managers such as NPM, CocoaPods and Gradle
- Proficiency with Xcode and Android Studio
- Experience building a hybrid mobile and web application
- Experience with Objective C or JAVA
- DevOps / infrastructure systems – AWS and/or Jenkins
- Experience building and maintaining white label software
- Proven experience documenting and delivering technical designs