Our client is a well-established Canadian distribution company in downtown Vancouver with a second office in Langley and warehouses and subsidiary businesses across Canada.
The Learning Experience Designer will report to the Manager, Knowledge and Learning. You will work with subject matter experts throughout the company and transform their knowledge into online training, along with creating print documents.
This is a newly created position that requires strong writing skills, a creative flair and technical savvy to be successful. The company is continuing their journey to create easy-to-use and easy-to-learn material for their employees across the company. If you can strip away bureaucratic lingo in your writing and communicate effectively to various audiences and you are great with imagery selection, possess a bit of marketing flare and use technology easily then this role is for you.
Will consider recent university graduates with degrees or diplomas in communication, marketing, instructional design, or equivalent work experience.
- Support the design of written content and visual assets for learning materials
- Develop engaging content in a variety of media such as graphics, video, audio, written, and interactive
- Management and administration of LMS
- Assist in corporate learning design and development from start to finish
- Work collaboratively with internal subject matter experts and assist in research and analysis of learning needs
- Gather and consolidate feedback from stakeholders
- Assist in creative and technical problem solving and design ideation
- Follow creative briefs and established standards for format and style
- Degree or diploma in communication or marketing or equivalent work experience
- Experience with technical writing and copywriting
- Possess a strong design background and proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud suite
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong research techniques such as survey design, conducting interviews, facilitating focus groups
- Ability to make complex topics simple and easy to understand
- Aptitude to learn new authoring tools and techniques as needed
- Ability to be flexible and work independently on all required project tasks
- Excellent verbal / written communication and interpersonal skills
- Video editing or animation experience is considered an asset
- Familiarity with Articulate Storyline, Rise, and Camtasia or similar software is an asset
- Bilingualism, French and English, is an asset