Our client is a multi-national mining company. We are looking for a Manager, Investor Relations to join their team for a 15-month contract (covering a maternity leave). This individual will work closely with the senior management team and execute the company’s investor relations strategy. The successful incumbent will work from company’s office in downtown Vancouver. He or she will have the opportunity to work with one of BC’s largest publicly traded companies and provide coverage for a director level position.
- Effectively communicate the company’s IR strategy and corporate messaging to stakeholders, develop and maintain relationships with the investment community through overall engagement
- Coordinate, attend and record interactions between sell-side, buy-side and senior executives
- Assist in the preparation and development of a wide range of investor and corporate communications materials, including external news releases, investor presentations, conference call materials, fact sheets, and quarterly/annual reports.
- Development and maintenance of corporate presentations and key messaging documents for stakeholder engagement.
- Production of quarterly and annual reports for distribution to the Board and executive leadership team for strategic planning purposes.
- Responsible for external website maintenance and news release dissemination, targeting and monitoring.
- Serve as key liaison to the retail investment community, raising awareness of the company with retail shareholders and brokers.
- Analyze and evaluate analyst financial and research models to support fair valuation of the company by the global investment community.
- Monitor market and peer data and government policy decisions that might impact the organization and bring forward developments of interest.
- Assist with coordination and logistics for planning investor events, roadshows and conferences and support future travel planning and logistics for the IR team.
- Attend tradeshows and conferences as required.
- 5 years of experience in investor relations or finance/accounting with a publicly traded company, ideally in the mining/natural resource sector.
- Demonstrated financial experience, business acumen and judgement.
- Exceptional communication and writing skills.
- Experience creating investor relations materials.
- Experience communicating with shareholders, investors, and brokers within the mining industry is ideal.
- Demonstrated understanding of the capital markets and investment community.
- Strong financial, analytical, organizational skills, flexible and detail oriented.
- Motivated team player who can work independently and collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders.
- Deadline driven, ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office, specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- An open and articulate communicator with strong oral, written and presentation skills.
- Delivers information in a well-organized manner and engages audiences appropriately.
- University degree with (specialization in commerce, finance or accounting preferred).