Our client, an early phase manufacturer of hi-tech composite materials, is seeking a Manager of Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality. As they scale to the next stage of manufacturing capacity and supply major global OEMs, this position will play a critical role in ensuring the success of the operation.
- Review and assess a small batch manufacturing process implementing minor and major optimizations using lean and other progressive manufacturing methodologies.
- Work with Production Manager to plan the production schedule
- Work closely with engineering and product development to prototype, estimate and plan production of new products.
- Evaluate and improve internal Quality Control measures
- Work with suppliers to validate Quality processes
- Troubleshoot and Solve Quality Control issues
- Work with Product Development team to develop QC Procedures for new products
- Manage ordering of input materials from global supply chain to meet production demand
- Evaluate supplier Quality Control measures and ensure quality standards are met
- Research, select and implement an MRP system to support Production
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Extensive understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles and ability to implement them
- Ability to collaborate with a team with diverse skills and organize and present information clearly
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment and able to triage many different problems to work on while not being dissuaded by failure
- Strong mechanical aptitude and experience
- Able to understand the broader picture of the future growth of the manufacturing operation while working in a very hands-on early phase environment where everyone pitches in when and where required.
Additional experience would be an asset:
- Functional knowledge of thin film manufacturing and converting
- Functional knowledge of textile manufacturing techniques
- Polymer science
- Carbon fibre manufacturing
- Paper manufacturing or converting
Our client offers a base salary of $80-100k with some flexibility for exceptional candidates, plus benefits, stock options, and a hard-working, passionate start-up culture which still allows for a healthy work-life balance in beautiful southern Vancouver Island. If you are excited about working with cutting-edge technology and making a real impact on the manufacturing industry, please apply today!