Our client is a public accounting firm with offices in Nanaimo and Vancouver. At this time, they are looking for a Manager to join their team for their Vancouver Location. The firm specialized in providing accounting and tax services to healthcare professionals and owner-managed businesses.
They are looking for an individual with a minimum of two years, recent post designation experience in public practice. Great opportunity to work directly with clients and support them with guidance related to tax and financial planning.
· Compilation of year-end financial statements and working papers in a paperless format
· Preparation of corporate, personal, and trust income tax returns
· Reviewing and approving work prepared by junior accounting staff
· Preparing and reviewing corporate and personal tax plans
· Opportunity for assignment of special tax projects, corporate reorganizations, incorporations and complex client files
· Establishing and maintaining positive client relationships
· Corresponding with taxation authorities
· Supervising and mentoring junior staff
· Communicating with partners and staff regarding client engagements and expectations
· Providing the very best possible client service
· CPA designation with two years post designation experience in public practice.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong time management skills and ability to effectively meet deadlines
· Experience working with Caseware/Case view, CanTax, Quickbooks and Simply Accounting
· Proficiency in MS Office, with a special emphasis in MS Excel
· Keen attention to detail
· Analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Strong work ethic
· Positive attitude, and exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills
· Ability to effectively manage client and staff relationships, respond to promptly to client needs and meet client expectations