Our client is a public accounting firm with offices in Nanaimo and Vancouver. At this time, they are looking for a Manager to join their team for either their Nanaimo or Vancouver Location. The firm specialized in providing accounting and tax services to healthcare professionals and owner-managed businesses.
They are looking for an individual with close to two years, of recent post-designation experience in public practice. Great opportunity to work directly with clients and support them with guidance related to tax and financial planning.
· Compilation of year-end financial statements and working papers in a paperless format
Preparation of corporate, personal and trust income tax returns
· Reviewing and approving work prepared by junior accounting staff
· Preparing and reviewing corporate and personal tax plans
· Opportunity for assignment of special tax projects, corporate reorganizations, incorporations, and complex client files
· Establishing and maintaining positive client relationships
· Corresponding with taxation authorities
· Communicating with partners and staff regarding client engagements and expectations
· CPA designation with two years post-designation experience in public practice.
· Strong time management skills and ability to effectively meet deadlines
· Experience working with Caseware/Caseview
· Positive attitude, and exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills
· Ability to effectively manage client and staff relationships, respond to promptly to client needs and meet client expectations