Our client is a public accounting firm with offices in Nanaimo and Vancouver. At this time they are looking for a Manager to join their team for either their Vancouver or Nanaimo location. The firm specialized in providing accounting and tax services to healthcare professionals and owner-managed businesses.
They are looking for an individual with a minimum of two years, recent post designation experience in public practice. Great opportunity to work directly with clients and support them with guidance related to tax and financial planning.
- Compilation of year-end financial statements and working papers in a paperless format
- Preparation of corporate, personal and trust income tax returns
- Reviewing and approving work prepared by junior accounting staff
- Preparing and reviewing corporate and personal tax plans
- Opportunity for assignment of special tax projects, corporate reorganizations, incorporations and complex client files
- Establishing and maintaining positive client relationships
- Corresponding with taxation authorities
- Supervising and mentoring junior staff
- Communicating with partners and staff regarding client engagements and expectations
- Providing the very best possible client service
- CPA designation with two years post designation experience in public practice.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to effectively meet deadlines
- Experience working with Caseware/Caseview, CanTax, Quickbooks and Simply Accounting
- Proficiency in MS Office, with a special emphasis in MS Excel
- Keen attention to detail
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong work ethic
- Positive attitude, and exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to effectively manage client and staff relationships, respond to promptly to client needs and meet client expectations