Our client is one of the major wholesale distributors of building products to the residential, industrial, and commercial sector. Over the years they have built a solid reputation and a strong international presence, with multiple distribution centers across North America.
Due the company’s growth and expansion, they are adding a Marketing Assistant to their team. This person will be responsible for contributing to the creation and maintenance of marketing and promotional material, both for print and digital distribution.
The ideal candidate has 2+ years of experience in a marketing or advertising role promoting physical products within a distribution company. Previous building materials experience and being bilingual (English and French) are both strong assets.
The company offers a supportive and stimulating work environment as well as the opportunity to grow within a fast-paced, successful organization!
- Plan and create digital customer newsletters and mail outs.
- Support the creation of tradeshows booths for both in-person and virtual events.
- Respond to requests from the sales department for promotional creations such as designing ads for customers or trade advertising, promotional giveaways, brochures.
- Support national accounts initiatives, which include communication material, website advertising, digital advertising campaigns, and major customer account requests.
- Maintain marketing database of images, logos, and videos.
- Maintain and populates marketing content on website and intranet.
- Track and record marketing invoices, expenses, and supplier quotes.
- Maintain and update marketing and trade show calendars.
- Proofreads and update material and artwork.
- Follow up with marketing suppliers on production status of jobs.
- Maintains mailing lists.
- Minimum 2 years working experience in marketing or advertising. Previous experience promoting physical products (vs services) is essential, ideally in a distribution environment.
- Excellent knowledge of basic marketing and graphic design principles.
- Working experience with graphic design software such as Adobe InDesign or Canva.
- Competent with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written). French is an asset.
- Strong organizational and creative skills.
- Ability to pay attention to details and multi-task effectively in a fast-paced team environment with tight deadlines.
- High school graduation/graphics design education (certificate, diploma, degree).