Our client is a global engineering consulting firm offering a wide variety of services to the building and construction industry. They have offices around the world and work on the most exciting international projects.
Their Vancouver office is looking for a Mechanical Designer/Engineer with previous design experience and ability to work alongside the existing Vancouver team. Flexibility to work from home will be offered.
This position provides the opportunity to work with a truly innovative and passionate team as well as the chance to potentially work in other offices overseas (if of interest in the future).
- Preparing drawings, reports and mechanical specifications.
- Coordinating with our client’s team of engineers, as well as coordinating externally with external design team members/stakeholders.
- Providing regular reviews on projects to evaluate clients’ expectations.
- Conducting process improvement analysis as it relates to the operation and performance of systems.
- Supporting business development activities for the Mechanical Engineering team in Vancouver.
- Potential for other leadership roles in the future.
- Ability to occasionally adapt working hours for international coordination.
- University Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering (Mechanical Technology Diploma considered).
- 4+ years of relevant building systems design experience (ideally 2+ years with Lower Mainland BC).
- Legally entitled to work in Canada for an indefinite period.
- Strong Technical ability. Strength in designing and doing field reviews for Residential, Commercial, Institutional and Light Industrial buildings.
- Competency in BCBC, BCPC, VBBL, VPBL.
- Competency in ASHRAE 62/62.1/62.2 (ventilation), ASHRAE 90.1 (energy conservation), Energy Step Code (energy conservation), CSA B149 (gas code), NFPA 96 (commercial kitchen ventilation), and Worksafe BC guidelines.
- Competency compiling Engineering drawings (hand sketch/CAD/REVIT).
- Mechanical load analyses & software interpretation.
- Incorporating multidisciplinary information (e.g., electrical, architectural, structural, geotechnical, energy modelling, sustainability acoustics, client requirements).
- Client communication at site meetings, teleconferences, presentations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Approaches tasks in a positive and professional manner.
- Calm and productive when under pressure from deadlines.
- Able to clearly explain engineering design information to clients.
- Class 5 BC Driver’s License.
- 5-digit / 6-digit NMS (specification) editing.
- Personable and comfortable with clients.
- Needs to have good planning and organisational skills.
- Able to deliver accurate & consistent results in a complex and deadline driven environment.