Our client is a well-established, global engineering firm offering design, detailing, and digital engineering services to mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors.
They are expanding their team in Burnaby, BC by adding mid to senior Structural Engineers to assist with the execution of projects. The company offers significant room for growth and the opportunity to work on national and international projects and to collaborate with local and international teams.
Hybrid model (combination of remote and office work) will be offered. Occasional domestic and international travel required (US/Australia/India).
· Recruit, hire & manage structural engineering resources
· Be client-facing by continuing to build project and client relationships
· Coordinate with other team members throughout North America
· Perform all necessary engineering design calculations and material selection necessary to successfully design steel support structures to governing codes and standards.
· Utilize relevant engineering software (STAAD/SpaceGass/RISA) to support the structural engineering designs for modular buildings, process units, foundations, pipe racks & other steel structures
· Review client specifications and lead technical proposal development in conjunction with team members from other divisions
· Utilize Finite Element Analysis (FEA) tools, when required, to perform stress analysis of complex geometries
· Evaluate vendor and subcontractor proposals for technical suitability and completeness
· Generate and review detailed designs of bolted and welded connections and interface connections between structures and mechanical equipment.
· Work with a team of multi-discipline engineers and designers on projects across the entire life cycle from FEED, tender, detailed design and construction support phases
· Help establish and setup internal engineering and design standards and specifications
· 8+ years of experience as a Structural Engineer in the industrial sector, specifically oil & gas, mining or chemical process applications
· Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
· P. Eng designation is highly desirable
· Experience partnering with multi-divisional teams
· Competent in engineering calculations and engineering design software with the ability to perform all necessary engineering calculations with the help of an extensive team of engineers and designers located around the world
· Connection design experience
· Experience with US standards and codes. AUS is a value add.
· Excellent communications skills as client interfacing is required
· Keen to lead/grow a team
· Ability to provide accurate pricing estimation for potential works and assist teammates throughout the entirety of the project life cycle
· Tekla, STAAD, SpaceGass, RISA-3D, Navisworks advantageous
· Experienced working with US, Chinese and Australian steel standards a plus