Our client is a well-established mortgage company. They have two partners and a team of 10-12 staff. Easy going leaders looking for individuals to work `with them` vs `for them`. Very collaborative and supportive.
They are looking for an experienced mortgage underwriter to evaluate and determine the eligibility of loan applications. The mortgage underwriter’s responsibilities include analyzing and verifying loan applications, evaluating risks, and making loan eligibility decisions.
The successful mortgage underwriter should be able to exercise sound judgment based on detailed analysis and ensure that all documentation is in compliance with the relevant regulations.
- Authorizing and underwriting loans.
- Reviewing and verifying loan applications and supporting documentation.
- Analyzing loan risk and requesting additional information as necessary.
- Preparing reports on assessment findings.
- Making loan eligibility decisions and approving or rejecting applications.
- Reviewing and specifying loan conditions as necessary.
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory standards.
- Ensuring compliance with company policies and guidelines.
- Documenting and effectively communicating reasons for the approval/rejection of loans.
- Returning applications with additional documentation to the loan officer for review
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in loan underwriting.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Detail-oriented with strong data analysis skills.
- High mathematical aptitude.
- Good working knowledge of mortgage loan processing and relevant legal regulations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and automated underwriting systems.