Our client is a well-established wholesale distributor of industrial pumps and water treatment products to a variety of customers across British Columbia. Due to an internal succession plan, they are in need of a Multi-Branch Operations/Sales Manager who will be responsible for the management of sales and operations activities, business development, financials, employee management & development. The primary role is the effective management and drive for growth in the pump and water systems sales; drive product lifecycle management through actionable growth strategies in order to expand sales.
This role, reporting to the General Manager, will have full accountability to lead the daily operations of two different branches in BC, while partnering with cross-functional leaders across the business to ensure proper alignment to business goals. Supplier Management is also among the Manager’s responsibilities. The ideal candidate will have previous experience managing one or more branches.
This position offers significant career advancement opportunities and the chance to actively contribute to the business’ strategy, growth and success!
- Deliver on business revenue and standard income commitments.
- Supplier relationship management; Develop nurture and maintain close working relations with the decision-makers in the assigned markets including but not limited to consultants, operator/maintenance, engineers and contractors, business owners; Influence and assist in preparing technical specifications for the engineering consultants on represented products.
- Lead cross-functional business team (Sales, Operations, Technology, Marketing, Sourcing, Finance, HR, Legal, Strategies, Workforce Planning) to drive day to day execution, ensure customer satisfaction, implement segment strategies and improve processes.
- Work directly with represented manufacturers to obtain technical information, project pricing and special requirements.
- Drive actionable growth strategies to expand sales and margins, drive product and services lifecycle management; pricing, innovation, rationalization and differentiation of products, services and delivery of market strategies; provide leadership and management of talent, processes, tools and metrics.
- Assist in developing quarterly/yearly sales forecasts.
- Deliver vertical market growth and collaborate to identify additional growth sectors.
- Supervising and coordinating activities: Develop and maintain highly respectful and good working relationships with the team to meet the goals of represented products.
- Develop recommendations on sales and marketing policies ensuring implementation and adherence.
- Identify, qualify and secure sales opportunities for represented products in B.C.; Promote products & services at regional tradeshows and where opportunities present; Conduct product/process lunch and learn sessions.
- Update and maintain internal sales tracking system on a regular and frequent basis.
- 20-30% travel required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant technical degree/education or equivalent experience in operations management within the pumps and water systems industry. Previous sales experience an asset.
- Highly effective interpersonal and negotiation skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized and self-directed; take initiative to identify and anticipate customer needs and make recommendations for implementation; flexible; responds proactively to changes.
- Analytical skills required for technical documents review and comment.
- Computer skills, particularly Sales Pad, Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Good driving record; good credit report & clean criminal report.
- Ability to travel to visit prospective and existing customers or to attend tradeshows.
- Exceptional leadership skills, positive attitude, driven for success and high performance.
- Exhibit tenacity with a diplomatic approach; resilient and responsive to changes and adjustments.
- Enjoys working with a wide variety of people both internally and externally.
- Exhibits a sense of urgency to the tasks at hand and the ability to prioritize with excellent organizational skills.