Our client is a well-established wholesale bakery offering high-quality products to the retail and foodservice industry on a national level.
Due to their organic growth, they are adding a National Retail Account Manager to their team. This individual will be responsible for building and developing strong retail relationships across Canada. The company’s goal is to increase its retail market share; therefore, they need someone with existing connections within the food/CPG sector at the retail level. This is a mandatory requirement.
The ideal candidate is someone with a strategic mindset, a strong entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to identify new business opportunities.
The position will be based in one of the company’s locations in the Lower Mainland and will offer great work-life balance and the opportunity to work with a leading Canadian organization!
• Develop incremental business with retail customers across Canada.
• Proactively identify customer needs and implement business-building initiatives.
• Key sales lead in the execution of the grocery portfolio expansion and innovation launches.
• Develop and establish key business relationships taking the business to the next level and aiming at driving profitable volume.
• Complete monthly business reviews tracking performance against pre-aligned targets.
• University Degree or College Diploma with minimum 7-10 years of food/CPG industry experience.
• Experience in grocery retail industry preferred with minimum 5 years previous experience calling on National Retailers.
• Experience developing successful relationships with national retailers.
• Good understanding of food industry supply chain and distribution.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish relationships.
• Understands & practices “solution selling”; willingness to develop sales strategies.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
• Ability to travel, if required.