Our client is a unique grocery market offering a large selection of organic, local and conventional produce, a full-service butcher and deli, a boutique florist and garden centre, artisanal grocery, dairy and breads, a bulk foods section and new coffee bar, and is now staffed by over 100 Team Members!
They are passionate about sustainability and the believe in a locally focused purchasing philosophy which are values that they would like to share with all employees and customers.
Due to their rapid growth, they created a new Operations Manager position to elevate the strategic level of the organization. The ideal candidate is someone with fresh produce experience and strong leadership and organizational skills. The Operations Manager will be part of a collaborative team inclusive of Store Management, HR and Marketing Teams, with a main objective to successfully implement the strategic direction of the business for growth and profitability. Within this role the candidate will be accountable for operational efficiency throughout the organization, developing and leading a business culture of innovation and continuous quality improvement, and will be responsible for the internal operational effectiveness of our client’s team.
A self-initiated leader with solid decision making and problem-solving skills is what our client is looking for as well as advanced communication and team building skills and the ability to move an organization seamlessly through change & growth, whilst holding a team accountable to performance metrics, and growing profitability and market share.
- Degree in Business, Operations Management, Economics or similar (MBA is highly regarded).
- Training or education in Management & Leadership an asset.
- Strong business acumen with a proven track record of creating, growing & maintaining efficient operational systems.
- 8+ years of progressive relevant industry experience, including experience in leadership roles at a senior management level. Experience in HR and/or the retail consumer industry is an asset.
- Experience managing & analyzing profit and loss statements, sales volume, margin and overall expenses to ensure growth & profitability.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and a general aptitude to learn software and systems.
- Strong business communication skills, both oral and written.
- A high-level appreciation for details and a love of organization.