Company Profile: Our client is a fast-paced private medical clinic serving on average 400 patients daily. Eleven family physicians and fifteen employees provide full-service medical care including obstetrical care, longitudinal care of chronic illness, minor acute care, and medical acupuncture. Our patients run the entire age spectrum from babies to centenarians.
Job Profile: This position has become available as a long-time employee is retiring. The Operations Manager is an integral position to ensure the Clinics’ efficiency and smooth operations. This person will be a key stakeholder to support the Clinic’s good Industry reputation and internal workplace culture. This position is a varied role in human resources, accounting, finance, and office management.
We are looking for an experienced, well-rounded Operations Manager with a proven track record in operations and people management. The successful candidate will be well-rounded, approachable, and detail-oriented. Strong communication skills coupled with operations experience in working in a fast-paced environment is essential. A background in health care, medical field, professional services would be considered an asset.
- Manages the day to day clinic operations.
- Ensures compliance and maintains awareness of:
- Electronic medical record coding guidelines and health insurance changes
- Workplace health and safety requirements
- Required communication with Physicians and Surgeons of BC, WorkSafeBC BC, ICBC, and other key industry stakeholders
- Maintains the medical record-keeping system
- Monitors and administers fiscal operations, including • Manages office maintenance, repairs, and upgrades
- Troubleshooting to resolve systems issues
- Schedules and oversees contractors and sub-contractors
- Maintains clinic insurance requirements
- Purchases and maintains inventory: supplies, furniture, and equipment
- Provides Human Resources management to employees
- Makes personnel decisions on hiring, compensation, performance, promotions, discipline, and terminations
- Provides performance feedback and employee relations support as required
- Oversees day-to-day staffing activities
- Maintains organizational policies and procedures for the office.
- Maintains the Clinic’s Accounting functions: • Preparation and adherence to budgets
- Oversight of payroll (Ceridian)
- Preparation of monthly income/expense statements
- Process bill payments
- Preparation of year-end income/expense statements
- Financial reporting
- Oversees all office administration
- Provides customer services to patients, visitors, and industry stakeholders
- May be required to act as back-up support assisting when other staff away i.e. Medical office assistants, med-legal staff.
- A minimum of 7 years relevant office operations management, administrative accounting and/or human resources support is required
- A minimum of 2 years in a management role and supervising others is required
- General office management and/or business certification is an asset
- Experience in the medical field, health care and/or professional services would be considered an asset
- Is systems savvy: Strong MS Office, Excel skills. Previous experience with electronic medical record-keeping systems is an asset.
- Demonstrated management and supervisory skills
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented and analytical with a high degree of accuracy
- Approachable, positive, self-motivated and hard-working
- Great problem-solver and multi-tasker
- Comfort with and a willingness to learn office and new technology
- Driven to seek continual improvement
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high-change environment; highly adaptable
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize tasks while working toward multiple deadlines
- Working with diverse cultures and customer service skills is an asset
- A genuine passion for the medical field with a keen interest to learn. There will be an opportunity for growth and the ability to learn different areas of the medical field
- Able to consistently maintain the integrity of highly confidential information.