Our client is a well-established organization offering water treatment and environmental services in BC. They are looking for an Operations Manager who will be involved in the development of the strategic plan and budget and will create the operational plan to bring the strategy to life. The Operations Manager will be also responsible for delivering day-to-day results and will set and enforce robust operational controls while providing leadership to his/her team.
The company has been expanding and needs someone with previous leadership experience in one of the following industrial sectors: environmental services, water treatment, sediment control, chemical, civil construction.
- Lead the execution of strategies developed by the senior leadership team taking the vision and translating it into a workable reality.
- Lead, develop, and coach his/her team of professionals, supporting them to deliver their goals and targets, in line with corporate direction.
- Oversee and steer an ongoing change process, whether in response to cost-reduction concerns, technology trends, globalization, or other internal and external forces, and will be called upon to channel organization resources in the right way.
- Set up and implement strong internal controls, including mitigating risks or avoiding compliance failures but also enhancing the business and ensuring that processes run smoothly and in accordance with the overall operational model.
- Look at how people, processes, and technologies are configured and aligned to the overall strategy and establish how performance is measured. He/she will provide the right balance between the organization’s strategic vision and practical operating solutions.
- Promote a safety conscious approach across the company and ensure appropriate safety standards are set and adhered to. Knowledge of COR is an asset.
- Support the GM in tackling new opportunities, including introducing new services or targeting new customer segments based on the available intel from staff, market trends and environmental scanning.
- 7+ years in an Operations Leadership role in one of the following industries: environmental services, water treatment, sediment control, chemical, civil construction.
- BS/MA in Business or related field. Combination of education and field experience will be considered as well.
- Strong operational and decision-making skills and determination to see projects through to the end. Able to deliver near-term wins while building towards a larger strategic vision.
- High level of integrity, strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to build consensus, and put a strong emphasis on responsibility and accountability.